Friday, July 20, 2012

GOCA X CORTNI BROWN

Hello darlings!

      This past Tuesday was quite exciting - I was chosen to be the on-set designer for Cortni Brown's promotional photo campaign. This lovely songbird was the back-up singer for Alicia Key's World Wide Tour - What was truly amazing was that she was a beautiful soul to work with on set. 
      The creative director/photographer on set was @GraceAjanaku, my darling friend and confidant from city of Champaign. The President of @VoxPopuli magazine, William James, appeared on set to meet/interview the lady of the hour for her article in the premiere issue. Make-up artist for NARS & certified cosmetologist from Paul Mitchell Cosmo School, @Sarah, joined us with a wonderful smile and charming sense of humor. 
      Before I set off for downtown Chicago, I checked the weather and they reported a scorching 100 degrees (F) for the day! I decided that for such hot summer days, a maxi skirt of light&loose material is the best way to keep cool. Despite this heat, I still wanted to preserve professionalism - so I threw my turtleneck crop top into the mix. Add a touch of personality to my accessories and shoes, and viola!

Look-of-the-Day
Crop Top - Personal Design
Skirt - Thrifted
Necklace - Thrifted
Ring - @Forever21
Shoes - @Akira





What can I say, I enjoy a pair of shoes with personality.


Cortni Brown getting her make-up done in serenity&bliss.
MUA/HS: @Sarah 


William of @VoxPopuli Magazine shooting the second scene.
Dress - @Rade&LjiljaCo 





2 comments:

  1. As they would say in the 70's.... I really dig this, very cool lil Momma! I hope to work with you one day soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darlin! And of course, I am always up for connecting with beautiful souls and spreading the love - don't hesitate to connect via twitter - @mamagoca or my email grdnrasic2@gmail.com
      xx

      Delete