Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DIY: BRACELET HOLDER

Cheers darlings!

      Every fashionista knows the tips&tricks about caring for her wardrobe, but what about jewelry? As a girl who enjoys her arm-candy, I decided to dedicate this post to diy bracelet stands! Bracelet stands give you that clean&professional look, and most importantly, they visually display all of your lovely jewels.

So let's get this project started!

Time: 25 min

  1. Gather your materials. For this project, you will need a Blank CD Stand, Paper Towel Roll, Hot Glue Gun, An Old Magazine and 44in x 8in piece of fabric (of your choosing). For my fabric, I chose black velvet to get that chic boutique look!
  2. Cut the paper towel roll. With all your materials gathered, you are now going to make a small cut on your paper towel roll. The cut will be in the center. Be sure to not cut the roll in half, you just need a cut big enough so that the cd stand beam can fit inside. Still not sure? Check out the photos below!
  3. Firming your paper towel roll. For this step, you will need your paper towel roll and any old magazine. Rip out pages of the magazine and crumple the pages individually. Once crumpled, start stuffing them inside your roll. This will make your roll more firm and sturdy.
  4. Add fabric to Blank CD Stand. For my bracelet stand, I chose to cover only the bottom part. Place your cd stand over the fabric, draw an outline with fabric chalk, and then cut out the drawn shape. Be sure to cut out a small circle in the middle of your fabric circle. Once all cut, apply the fabric to the stand with hot glue! Check out the photos to see the final cut out. 
  5. Add fabric to Paper Towel Roll. For this part, I began by cutting small squares of fabric to cover the ends of the roll. Using hot glue, I attached the small squares to each end. Any extra material, I glued to the sides of the holder. Afterwards, I used hot glue to apply the fabric on the body of the paper towel roll. Be sure to mark where the slit is on the paper towel roll! For the ends, I cut off the excess fabric. I then returned to my marked slit location and cut a slit into the fabric.
  6. Attach the Stand&Roll. Apply hot glue to the tip of the cd holder's support beam and insert the beam into the paper towel roll slit. Firmly hold the two parts together for 2 minutes. 
  7. Decorate the holder with your jewelry! Your bracelet stand is officially complete - so go ahead, grab all of your bracelets and decorate your new bracelet holder!
Have any necklaces you want to visually display? Want to create a matching necklace holder? Search around the house & get your creative juices flowing - revamp this diy and find something else to use as the stand! Perhaps a shortened curtain rod with a tissue box bottom? Who knows! 

If you created your own necklace display & want to share it with us fellow diy-ers, email me at grdnarasic2@gmail.com - I would love to bring you on board as a guest blogger! 

Love be with you,
Goc (Go-tz)
xx



For this project, I chose hot glue as my adhesive because it is easy and quick-to-dry! If you are not a fan of hot glue, you can use mist-spray adhesive (clean application) or gem-taq (strong adhesive but takes forever to dry).

After cutting my slit, I tested how the two parts fit together.
It looks mighty sturdy to me, so off to the next step!

For the bottom part of my stand, I cut out a circle from my fabric. I made sure to cut a tiny circle in the middle to account for the support beam. 

Applying hot glue to add fabric onto my paper towel roll. Do not be so worried about the fabric ends being cut perfectly - Leave an extra inch or two. You will clean up the ends after all fabric is applied.

My paper towel roll with the fabric added & slit cut.  

My blank canvas.
Here is my bracelet stand: Complete & ready to be put into use!

Now my lovely bracelets are out for the world to see!

2 comments:

  1. so great gor !! Can't wait to try this !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can of course make any braid you want here, I'm going to show you how to do a simple 4 strand braid with double skin inlays.

    wrist bands

    ReplyDelete