Tuesday, July 10, 2012

DIY: REDECORATING YOUR OFFICE

Evening lovelies!

      After moving back in from college, I found that my personal taste in interior design has changed over time. The office I currently have, is just not my cup of tea. And for all of you recent graduates, or those who have now developed a less-love & more-hate relationship with your office decor, I will be featuring diy-projects to spruce up your home work-space!

 Here are the steps to get you started!


  1. Choose your theme. I wanted something efficient yet peaceful, so I chose a pastel-zen garden.
  2. Develop your color scheme. Since painting the office can be expensive and/or time consuming, I worked with my wall color of pastel green. My zen theme colors will be white & tan, with the accent metal of gold. My accent colors to work with my wall color will be hot pink, veronica purple, canary yellow & royal blue. 
  3. Develop your visual plan. It always helps to have something in mind before you begin designing. I often look through different office schemes to give me new ideas/inspirations. Remember: Your visual plan doesn't have to be perfectly drawn, nor does your decorating have to follow your plan exactly. As long as you have an idea and something to keep your vision focused, you will surely get your dream office going!
My current home office station - The Dreaded Before.

My Visual Plan with desired color schemes. Remember it does not have to be followed exactly.
Just a little something to keep you focused and motivated!

Coming soon - @LampDIYs&Renovations!
My office light fixture renovated - one step closer to my office zen garden.



Next post I will show you how to take your old house lamp & give it a new fun & modern look for less!



Love be with you,

Goc (Go-tz)

xx

2 comments:

  1. I love that light!!!!! You are a master decorator! Teach me your ways! xoxo

    love, polly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall teach you my light-decor ways as long as your teach me your shoe-decor ways!
      Miss you immensely.
      Volim te,
      Goc

      Delete