Thursday, July 12, 2012

DIY: PAPER LANTERN

Afternoon dolls!


      Last time we left off on our home office renovation adventure, and I left you all with a little sneak peek of what we will be tackling today - lamp renovations! This type of diy is simple, cheap, and versatile for each person's individual aesthetic. 

Time: 15-30 minutes (Depending on how much detail you want to add to your lamp decorations.)

So let's get this started!

  1. Gather your materials. For this craft, you will need a lamp fixture, a hot glue gun & your personal decorations. For my personal taste, I got my lamp from @PaperLanternStore and my fake flowers and crystals at @Joann'sFabric&CraftStore.
  2. Plan your decoration pattern. Before you make any permanent additions, you always want to plan your layout. Check how your decoration materials work with the hot glue & lamp surface. Since my lamp surface is tissue paper and my flowers are made of a cloth material, hot glue works perfectly. For more smooth/metal surfaces, try @Aleene'sOriginalTackyGlue - perfect for crystals and metals. 
  3. Execute your decoration pattern. Now that you have your pattern planned out and the proper glue for the proper surfaces, you can bring everything together. It may get a bit messy, so be sure to have baby wipes on hand!
  4. Set it out to dry. With your decorations finally added on, it is now time to let everything dry. Note: Hot glue dries pretty quickly, but tacky glue may take up to several hours. 
  5. Cleaning up & setting up. While everything is drying, you can use this time to clean up your work station. And if all is dry, put your newly decorated lamp into good use! Ta-da!

      Hope you all enjoyed this little lamp tutorial - and found ways to apply it at your homes. If you try this at home, be sure to submit your finished lamp diy to me at grdnarasic2@gmail.com - I love sharing each other's creativity!

Be on the look out for the next diy adventure - DIY Erase Boards!

Love be with you,
Goc (Go-tz)
xx



Here are all the materials I needed for this lovely little diy project.
Modern paper lantern, hot glue gun, scissors, fake flowers & crystals.


A close-up look on my lamp decor: fake flowers & crystals!
I am a sucker for bright colors and shiny things.

The overall look of the lantern - following my interior design plan.

My home office thus far - Not done yet, but well on it's way!
Slowly you will start seeing your office come together, bit by bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment