Sunday, December 11, 2011

SAMURAI

Fellow samurai: Ohayou gozaimasu! (Formal hello in Japanese!)

           Yesterday was not the quite so glamorous day. Yesterday, I began my day on the battle grounds: Finals vs Gordana. So how do I begin my day? By dressing for battle. A very special lady once told me, "If you are going to either pass or fail, the least you can do is look good while doing it."  Not the most encouraging advice, but definitely one that gets a chuckle out of me.

A modernized samurai preparing for battle.


           As you can tell, my training camp took place in the Undergraduate Library. I am not sure why, but there is this new phenomenom where people talk at the libraries and that silence is considered to be rare. I thought libraries were always silent, but I guess not for all cases.

            After studying was completed, this little samurai was on her way walking home until she ran into fellow UIUC warrior, Katerina Bizios! I absolutely adore Katerina for her kindness, professionalism and determination: She is editor-in-chief of Impulse Magazine and I have worked with her personally when Impulse Magazine featured me as the covergirl of their Fall 2011 Fashion Issue and featured a spread of GOCA for the fashion editorial! Absolute splendid time working with her, and thankful that this wondrous friendship came out of it.

Katerina Bizios - Editor-in-Chief of Impulse Magazine



Impulse Magazine Fall 2011 Fashion Issue. 
Featuring yours truly.



          Come to my surprise, I also ran into the lovely warrior, Aleksia Culafic. She is my Serbian sistah, and I am absolutely happy that I have been able to meet her this year. She is currently the publisher-in-chief of Impulse magazine, and may I add, always looks beautiful. These two gals win my heart over every time I see them, always on the go and always on the rise.

Katerina Bizios, Me & Aleksia Culafic
at the lovely Starbucks Coffee.
         
           Just like any warrior, I needed a good hearted meal to regain some strength; Grilled Chicken & Pasta in Creamy Pesto Sauce. Even describing this meal, my mouth waters. And who would have guessed that this indeed was a frozen meal. Oh, the little treasures I find in college!

Grilled Chicken &Pasta in Creamy Pesto Sauce.
Keeping me company and satisfied,
as I prepare for future battles.

          To finalize this intense training day, I went off to shop in UrbanOutfitters and found this little treasure! A moustache shaped flask. What is even better, is that when you drink the flask, it appears as if you have a metal moustache. It was my dear friend's birthday; and he is a moustache connoisseur. It was the perfect gift, I had to get it for him. Plus, nothing makes me more happier than to make my friends smile. So this was quite the treat for me too!

Moustache flask for my Moustache friend.
UrbanOutfitters.

          So after this long yet not so long day, Goc, the samurai, went off to rest. Until next time, she shall battle off her arch nemesis clan: Finals of Fall 2011 Semester. 

Stay tuned!


Love be with you,
Goc (Go-tz)







1 comment: