Friday, December 16, 2011

SCHOOLS OUT


Sorry for the delay fashion lovers,

          But your gal here had a revelation. Alice Cooper had it all wrong, because when it comes to college campuses, the chaos and anticipation is not when school's out for summer; it all takes place when school's out for winter. And here is what I did the minute I tasted freedom for the remaining year.

          I began my day with an ending: my last final of the semester. I joined my partner in crime, Stephen Umunna, for research at the Beckman Institute. This building carries much  inspiration and achievements. Unfortunately, today was not my most inspiring day and all I could focus on was taking my last final: Bacterial Pathogenesis Lab.


Ready to pull that hair out?
I chose to pull at my hat instead.
Sad to say, I don't think I can pull off the "bald" look.



Partner-in-Crime: Stephen Umunna
          After taking my final exam, I could not help but jump for joy. But this gal here, still had much work to do for the night. I ran off home, styled myself up and ran to my first venture of the night: College Fashion Week meeting.  I am from the founding staff and current Vice President of College Fashion Week, and if you support or even wish to expand the organization to your school, shoot us an email at:  CollegeFashionWeek@gmail.com 

Meeting location: Dollar Java
One of the many little treasures on UIUC campus.
Not much traffic, inexpensive coffee & wonderful interior design.
If you support College Fashion Week,
post this image and show your support!
                    After concluding a productive meeting, my little patooty ran off to Starbucks to my next meeting. But all of a sudden, @CUStreetStyle stopped me and asked if they could feature me on the site for my style! What an absolute honor and a cherry to my sundae, of course I said yes! Here are the end results, ta-da!

On-line feature found via Twitter!
Follow them on @CUStreetStyle & me on @GordanaRasic
xx

 
The featured outfit. xx
Forever21 blouse, thrifted jumper & Akira platforms 
          After the quite the eventful voyage, I finally reached my destination: Starbucks. I met with Katerina Bizios, editor-in-chief of Impulse Magazine and had a marvelous chat of business over caramel coffee drinks. It was just that delicous, I had to mention the drinks. Amidst our conversations, we ran into the wonderful fashion photographer (featured by Perez Hilton, himself),  Gino Baileau. 

Gino Baileau, Katerina Bizios & yours truly.
xx


    
I have quite the fascination for eyes, as you can by my ring.
Looking at his necklace, I can tell Sir Gino shares my newest obsession.
           Wonderful places with marvelous faces, this night was coming to life. More life than the usual. And as  we concluded our chit-chat rendevous, I received a surprise in the form of a text! A holiday festivity was to take place at my lovers' (Frankie&Jeremy) apartment. I mean finals are done, meetings are concluded, and nothing could soothe my night better than gingerbread houses & peppermint mocha martinis.

What beautiful gifts under the Christmas tree:
Candy Cane Jello Shots!



Come one, come all: Each person contributed a decoration to the Gingerbread House.
I contributed a politically correct snow-man/woman.
My new holiday creation: Snow-Hermaphrodite!



Elyssa McNeil (professional dancer) posing casually in holiday cheer.
PS. I want those red pants.
I need them.
Baby, it's cold outside. xx

Obviously, my eternal friend (professional dancer), Timothy Pauldon,
depended upon the holiday lights to keep warm.

          After quite the eventful day, I conclude my evening and this journal with holiday cheers and good-byes! Stay tuned for next time, where I reunite with the streets of Chicago and provide GOCA as the wardrobe for a photo-shoot with an upcoming young starlet.

Love be with you,
Goc (Go-tz)

No comments:

Post a Comment