Friday, December 9, 2011

BREAKFAST AT HANCOCKS

Good morning lovers,

          Despite this week being my finals weeks, I ventured off to Chicago to tackle some on-site business. I woke at 5am, when the winter sun don't shine, packed my bags, purchased my ticket and awaited for the adventures to begin.

          My bus left at 10:30 am and I waited my arrival to the Union Station at 1:30 am. For some, three hours of travel may be an inconvenience, but for me, I find it to be the perfect time to enjoy the natural scenery transform to that of a constructed one. "Change" always intrigues me.


          I reached dear old Chicago, half an hour early and was able to be greeted by my partner in crime, VP of GOCA, Omar Villalobos. He is truly a partner; from matters of business to matters of the heart. And may I add, I call him my fashion Chimichanga! I just like sayin the word, it brings so much spirit into my day. 


          After grabbing lunch, Omar & I ran over to the John Hancock Center for a brief business meeting. Much is still at work, so I am unable to disclose anything, but I will say this: Many great things are coming along for the label in March!


Enjoying the TaxiCab Confessional before my meeting.

           After the meeting, we ran off to have dinner with the wonderful, Shelly Hickman, of Bad Girls Club Season 7; She may be a bad girl, but she has a good heart. There was a homeless woman that we encountered, and ensuring that she would be safe for the night, Shelly bought her a meal to keep her warm throughout the cold evening. My new goal: Once a week, I shall treat someone in need to a meal or warm beverage.

Shelly (BGC7) and I after our meeting/coffee.

           I finalize this wonderful evening with Chinese Take-Out and heart-to-hearts with Omar. My bus back to campus left at 11:30 pm, so I was in quite the hurry because this was the last bus open that would bring me back in time for my final at 8:00 am. I didn't find it that appealing either, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Omar Villalobos & YumYum's fried rice.

Me & YumYum's fried rice.

          So good morning or good evening, whichever suits your fancy. I am off to begin studying for this awful Biochemistry course. Until next time, may all the love & prosperity keep you company for the holidays.

My new found sleeping area: Travel Buses.


Love be with you,

Goc (Go-tz)

5 comments:

  1. I hope something you are doing is a mens line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At Alex: I will love, in the near future! You shall be the first person that I contact!

    At Anything but Bland, hello love! How is your life treating for you?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, lovely! Life is busy.. can't WAIT for Friday! Hope you're well!

    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neither can I love! It will be ever so...cathartic! And I am, right back at you love!

    ReplyDelete