Monday, January 5, 2015

NYE RESOLUTION: SIMPLICITY IS KEY



Happy New Year 2015!

Wishing everyone had a magical new year's eve and will continue to have more magical moments throughout the year.

When I began this blog, I wanted to document my experiences as an upcoming fashion design and aspiring medical student. I wanted the blog to serve as an informational resource for fellow aspiring fashionistas. As time passed, however, I realized that my blog began to take shape more as a style guide, chronicling the evolving nature of my style, and it began to distance itself from a documentation of fashion to an instructional forum. And so, I have decided for this new year to redirect the blog to answer questions I have struggled to overcome this past year: How to construct a wardrobe that maintains the balance between professional and social wear. The kinks of this idea still need to be worked out, but I feel like it will be the most honest and intimate version of the blog to this date. 

For this post, I decided to feature my New Year's Eve look. This monochrome textured two piece outfit stands out from a typical look with its snake-scale textured print. For my wardrobe, I found that keeping things to a predominantly black and white wardrobe made the clothing styles last longer and become more versatile with outfit combinations. I keep my color scheme simple and constant; however, I choose pieces with different textured prints and fabric types. It's the prints that give the pieces their personality and flare to the outfit. As my semester progresses, I look forward to finding new ways to incorporate these pieces into a more professional look. 

Give it a try and let me know what you think!


Look-of-the-Day
Crop Top - @Akira
Skirt - @Akira
Heels - @Forever21

No comments:

Post a Comment