Saturday, August 2, 2014

ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TRAIN TRACKS


Back-to-school looks have always piqued my curiosity.
The plaid pattern reminds me of both private school uniforms and 90s grunge style.
Invoking a sense of conformity, while inspiring a sense of rebellion.
And so, today I have attempted to master this wild look.

The 90s grunge style has mastered the plaid-shirt-tied-at-the-waist technique.
Rather than following suit with one of my many plaid shirts, I chose to try something new.
Keep the plaid pattern. Ditch the shirt wrapping.
After searching my closet, I came across this top.
Perfection at first sight.
The top is light enough to survive this summer heat.
And the sheer material allows me to play with different bralette combinations.
Adding a little femininity to an outfit that is often associated with anything but.

So, here is the result.
A different interpretation of the back-to-school trend.
A little bit of fashion history. A little bit of goca personality.

Look-of-the-Day
Varsity Letter Jacket - @Forever21
Plaid Top - @Akira
Leather Skirt - @Forever21
Leather Backpack - @Deena+Ozzy
Nude Stilettos - @Forever21

No comments:

Post a Comment