Monday, September 30, 2013

BANFF IT UP




As a longly devoted city girl, I have always rejected the possibility of living in the country. However, upon visiting Banff and Lake Louise, I have taken a turn. Perhaps it was drinking Cabernet over an open outdoor fire. Perhaps it was the idea that fall fashion could be excused for year round style. No matter the reason, I have fallen in love with the scenic views and with the feeling of interconnectedness amongst the town residents. 

In Banff, I made Fairmont Banff Springs Resort my new home. Walking through the photo gallery, I found out that Marilyn Monroe dominated the golfing greens. And rumor has it - Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt stayed at this resort during their filmings in Calgary. This resort emulated pop culture influence, and I was honored to have shaken hands with such a force. 

Whether I explored the resort or I hiked to Lake Louise, this trip exposed me to new experiences, particularly those of the country side. The moral of this story is to never be reluctant to open yourself to new experiences. You may learn something new about your self-prescribed identity or your values. 

Look-of-the-Day
Beanie - @LoveCulture
Socks - @AmericanApparrel 
Leggings - @H&M
Jacket - @Kenar
Boots - @H&M

1 comment: