Tuesday, December 27, 2011

NOT-SO-MUNDANE MONDAY

Hello fashion lovers,
        
         I must apologize for my brief absence, but you must understand when I say this; shit has hit the fan. Two Monday's ago, I had it all planned out: Chicago business visit, blog update and continuing on with my normal patterns of things. But after this not-so-mundane Monday, things have been quite hectic and have fallen very much out of the pattern. Allow me to explain everything:

Set Day of Events for Monday:
  • Breakfast de-briefing with Vice President of GOCA, Omar Villalobos.
  • Breakfast chit-chat with the lovely makeup-artist, Kate Johnson  at the BongoRoom. (May I just say that pumpkin-chocolate-cheesecake-chunk pancakes have made their way to the top of my list.) 
  • Lunch chit-chat at the  Trump Tower Sixteen Cafe to meet with several friends. It was quite magical. 
  • Business meeting over to the John Hancock Center for the upcoming Chicago launch of GOCA F/W 2012 Collection.
  • Dinner business meeting at the Grand Lux Cafe
  • Final meeting at Zara for holiday shopping & catching up with a model (now turned friend) Rolake.

          Mind you, the day went exactly according to plans and this little designer was well on her usual way. It was not until I was on my way back home that I received a phone call.  Omar took on the phone call as I was packing my clothes, and his giddiness through the conversation caused me to suspect things. When he finished the discussion, he screamed the big news: WE, GOCA, JUST GOT ASKED TO SHOWCASE DURING NEW YORK FASHION WEEK! 

          So, as you can see, things have been quite chaotic for the GOCA team. We have been arranging meetings and preparing for our showing in mid-February. But with this new year, my blogging will be regular and more candid to give you a personal look on what I do on a day to day basis in preparation of NYFW! The year 2011 has been quite the roller-coaster ride and I am thankful for every minute I experienced. I can only dream what the year 2012 will have in store for me.

Stay tuned until next time.
Love be with you,
Goc (Go-tz)

          
Location: TrumpTower Sixteen Cafe
With my loves: Omar Villalobos (VP of GOCA)
 Cha'rron Chic (Fashion Journalist of CChicChicago.com)
 Shelly (3HeartsBoutique) & Nicole (NicoleDesignsAll)
Soup: Coconut Thai Soup
       
Location: Grand Lux Cafe Business Meeting
Grace and I watch in amazement as Omar tackles his entree.
Can anyone say "Nom, nom, nom"?

Running off to Zara for some holiday shopping.
With my loves: Grace & Omar (GOCA Team)


No comments:

Post a Comment