Tuesday, July 15, 2014

HOT PANTS, NO PANTS


  Throughout high school and college, my hips never lied.
They were prominent. They commanded attention.
And, more importantly, they made wearing shorts an unbearable process. 

For my style, I like the simple and modest look.
Let the drapery and details do most of my talking.
When wearing shorts, however, my hips created a more sultry vibe.  
And, in doing so, my shorts were reserved for more daring going-out pieces.
No shorts for tutoring attire. No shorts for volunteer work. No shorts for family reunions.
And I stayed committed to this idea - until this summer.

Searching boutiques and experimenting with sizes, I realized how shorts can indeed become modest pieces.
With loose-formed shorts, usually of lighter fabric, I now buy one size larger than normal.
The larger size creates a more draped look, while still fitting my body.
If the shorts are made of thicker material, then pair the shorts with a modest top. 
Give the people some leg, but don't give people the whole body. 

For today's look, I attempted to work with leather shorts.
Partly because I love leather pieces. But more so to avoid throwing out these shorts. 
White leather sleeved sweatshirt with black leather shorts.
Snake-print texturing.
Success. 

Look-of-the-Day
Sweatshirt - @Akira
Leather Shorts - @forever21
Clutch - @forever21
Heels - @forever21

No comments:

Post a Comment